Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Think I Can Do This!

So this blog is just to let people know what I'm making and selling. I have had people ask where they can see the stuff I have sewn, but haven't had a place really. So, hence the blog. I'll post pics of what I've made and if you're interested in me making anything, email me and tell me sizes and colors.

I never thought I'd love sewing, but I do. My sisters and I grew up with my mom sewing clothes for us and I remember hating it! I wanted store bought clothes. I also remember taking lots of sewing lessons from a local lady and the continuing ed program around where I grew up. I still have a piece of a needle premanantly imbeded in my finger for proof (I ran over my finger with the sewing machine, not cool!). Anyway, I hated it and thought I'd never sew in my life. And now after living in a rural town with no Target five minutes away to wander through when I'm bored, I took up sewing. That and I have two little girls who I love making "boutique" style clothes and accessories for since I typically can't aford to buy them at the store.

So, most of the stuff I sew is kids clothes and accessories, but I also have made things for my sister too and she's not a little kid any more, at least most of the time. I'll put pictures of the things I make on here. I'm still a beginner and am just following patterns, so if there is a pattern you see and want me to make, let me know about that too. I'm up for a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment